Leitner Designs Active Cargo System for 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma
The Toyota Tacoma is built to haul loads with rugged reliability. However, those loads sometimes get out of control no matter how hard you try. Leitner Designs has several options to help you keep your supplies, tools, and toys organized.
Truck bed organizers are typically made of a combination of plastic, steel, and other metals, which allows them to be tough yet lightweight. They’re much like the organizers people use in their closets, but they’re much stronger. Whether it comes with drawers, racks, or both, it’s meant to fit into the bed of your truck and make it easier to haul your gear.
Reasons to Install a Leitner Designs Active Cargo System
Why should you invest in a truck bed organizer, and how are our designs better than our competitors? Simply put, our cargo systems are more convenient, and they make trucks even more useful.
Here are a few reasons to install an Active Cargo System.
- An increase in cargo options. Like other truck accessories, you’ll find a lot of choices when selecting a cargo system. They’re available with pockets, drawers, and modular attachments that make configuration easy. If you’re using a Tacoma for work and for play, our Active Cargo System will help you carry more and get to it faster. It’s easy to keep tools and toys separate, and with our Gear Pods, you can keep your camping gear or groceries secure. We think our organizers will pay for themselves in terms of utility and safety.
- Parking without restrictions. The Active Cargo System’s low-profile design makes it easy to park your Tacoma in places where a truck with a full-size rack couldn’t go. Parking in a multi-level garage? No problem! During the winter, you can even park in the garage to keep the snow away. No matter where you’re going or what you’re doing, a Leitner Designs cargo system will help you do it with confidence.
- Custom configuration. Another benefit of the Active Cargo System is that it can be customized to suit your vehicle and your needs. Whether you have a Tacoma with a 5’2” or 6’2” bed, we can recommend the perfect fit.
- High capacity. Our cargo system and accessories can carry up to 500 pounds on the highway and up to 250 pounds during off-road use. They’re strong enough to haul all your gear—and then some.
- Easy installation. We’ve made it easy to install our cargo systems. Each system comes with all the hardware needed to complete installation, and if you can use basic tools, it can be done in just a few hours.
- Potential rollover protection. Racks protect the rear end in case of a rollover. Today’s racks, the ACS included, are built to withstand the strain of a rollover crash. A well-designed rack will stabilize the truck’s cab, absorbing much of the impact, reducing the risk of rear window breakage and preventing the cab from being crushed.
We know that your Tacoma truck is a versatile tool, and even though you may use it for work, it shouldn’t always have to look like a work vehicle. A Leitner Designs Active Cargo System will maintain a truck’s good looks while helping secure cargo, carry loads, and mount accessories.
The Leitner Difference
We’re proud to produce some of the highest-quality truck racks and accessories on today’s market. Our modular designs allow you to customize the loading process to suit your needs, and the Active Cargo System is strong, reliable, stylish, and versatile.
Offroad Power Products is honored to be a Leitner Designs dealer. If you don’t see the products you’re looking for, give us a call to speak with one of our friendly, knowledgeable customer service representatives. We’re here to help!
Features of the Active Cargo System
Here are a few of the Active Cargo System’s most notable features.
- A custom design for the 2005-2015 Toyota Tundra
- It’s one of the world’s toughest modular truck cargo systems. With it, you can carry tools, food, water, fuel, camping gear, and so much more.
- With a few turns of a knob, the sliding load bar makes it easy and safe to haul furniture, motorcycles, and other large items.
- Full compatibility with Universal Mount Plates, Gear Pods, and all other accessories from Leitner Designs
- A weight rating of up to 1000 pounds at a standstill. It’s rated at 500 lb. for on-road use, and 250 lb. for off-road use.
- The system comes with two load bars and all the heavy-duty hardware you’ll need for installation.
- It also includes forged T-6 aluminum attachment feet and upright supports.
The Leitner Designs Active Cargo System is engineered and designed in America. Since 2014, the company has made a name for itself with the ACS Classic. Now, the new ACS FORGED offers more overall strength and an increased load rating.
This all-new cargo system comes from over five years of research and countless miles of off-road testing. With the ACS Forged, you’ll get all the load capacity, customizability, modularity, and rugged durability of the ACS, but in a newer, sleeker, and more stylish package.
Order Your ACS Today
Built from military-grade materials, the ACS adds little weight to the bed of your truck. It’s TIG-welded for increased strength, and finished with powder coating for a durable, clean look. It’s built here in the USA, and we think it’s one of the best choices available today.
The Leitner Designs Active Cargo System was built with Tacoma drivers in mind. All orders come with the necessary hardware as well as detailed assembly instructions. While the ACS is largely bolt-on, it may be necessary to drill a few holes for the installation of the support brackets’ rivet nuts.
Whether you’re installing a modular truck bed rack for work or for play, the Active Cargo System will get you where you need to go. If you have any questions, need installation advice, or want to place an order, we invite you to get in touch with one of our experts.
The Leitner Designs Active Cargo System (ACS) Bed Rack is one of the most adaptable systems in the industry. Whether you are looking to add more storage to the bed of you truck or you need a place to mount all of you recovery gear and back up fuel the Leitner Design ACS can do it all. Probably one of the nicest features on this system the the sliding rear bar. Most bed racks have fixed crossbars along the top. The rear bar on the ACS has the capability of sliding to the front of you bed so you can load taller items like an ATV or dirt bike. Loads of additional accessories are available as well to mount all of your hardworking and overland gear. Maxtrax, batwing awning, hi-lift jack, protopack cans and more have custom designed mount built specifically for this Leitner Designs rack! Have something custom you want to do to the rack, use the Universal Mounting Plate to get creative and mount all of your gear up and off the bed floor.
Constructed of Military-grade aluminum the ACS does not add much weight to the back of you truck and if fully tig welded for maximum strength. Worried about harsh environments? The ACS is finished off with dual-stage powdercoating providing you with a clean, long lasting look. Designed, engineered and manufactured right here in the USA the Leitner Designs Active Cargo System is one of the best bed racks on the market.
Specifications: Active Cargo System Tacoma Bed Rack
- 81 lbs. light
- 23” Tall when measured from top of bed caps
- Military grade aluminum construction
- Fully Tig-welded for maximum strength
- Rubber wind diffuser/ load pad to keep your cargo from shifting
- Heavy Duty 2.0” square load bars
- Quad-rail load beam design for endless mounting options
- Fits many Thule, Rhino-rack and Yakima accessories
- Grade 8.8 Zinc plated fasteners
- Fully upgradable with an ever-growing line of accessories.
- Off-Road Dynamic Weight Capacity | 250
- On-Road Dynamic Weight Capacity | 500
- Parked Static Weight Capacity | 1000
- Compatible with DECKED storage system
- Designed, engineered and manufactured in the USA
- U.S. Patent 9586629